First off, thank you to everyone who entered our contest. The month went by so quickly!
The winner of the $50 gift certificate is….. Sara Ashley, with 38 entries!
The winners of 20% off their next purchase are: Erica Busby and Catherine P. Cue!
Here are all the clues, with answers, from the Scavenger Hunt:
- Owl (Resources page)
- Created by Tereson Dupuy at her Kitchen Table in Lafayette, LA. Hint: check the webstore. (Fuzzibunz Diaper)
- Head over to the blog and find something that makes a great gift for someone’s Heiny (HH starter kit, blog post giving the gift of cloth)
- April 21st, we’re co-hosting something ‘great’. Find the Facebook Page for the event. The next clue is in the description. (facebook.com/gcdctrurons)
- I’m soft and cuddly. I come in many patterns and can help calm a crying baby. I come in a pack of 4. Hint: check the webstore (A+A 4-packs)
- A diaper that is rectangular, with many layers sewn together. Requires some folding, a fastener and a cover. Hint: check the website (prefolds and covers)
- If you want to share learning about cloth with friends and family, and receive discounts in the process, you would host a….? hint: check the website(Diaper Party)
- Swing over to our Facebook page and find a picture of my Baby, baby, baby…oh! (Justin Bieber pic on FB, D’s fluffy butt)
- While you’re here, scroll down the wall and find a sudsy post 😉 (sweet n sudsy)
- Head back to the blog, and find the #1 choice for Rockin’ your cloth diaper laundry (Smashing watermelons RnG, post we have a winner)
- Head over to the website and find the information for defective products. Who is typically responsible for defective merchandise? (the manufacturer, policies page)
- One last clue! Go find “joy in a box” on the website (Fluff mail, about page)
This was fun! Now I’ll have to work on something for next year, when D turns 2 (eeek!)
One last clue! Go find “joy in a box” on the website.
Make sure to come back to the blog and tell me what you found and where. Also, don’t forget that you can still gain entries by spreading the word about The Fluff & Stuff Shop. See the list here.
As a bonus, use the first letter of each item that you found in the hunt to get a coupon code for 10% off! Hint: #8 is J
The contest closes tomorrow evening at 9 pm AST, I will count up the entries and announce the winner of the $50 gift certificate after they have been contacted. I will then be using random.org to draw 2 secondary winners of 20% off their next purchase.
Today is D’s first birthday!
I didn’t think it was going to hit me as hard as it did this morning. I made my obligatory “one year ago…waiting for baby…” blah blah blah post on my personal Facebook page, and did in fact get teary eyed. Then I decided to look at some of the photos we had from his birth. Que the waterworks. I have decided to share some of them with you.
The first one is his weight, not quite big enough to fit into his Fuzzibunz so I was really glad that I had bought the tiny preemie prefolds. The second shot is me getting to really hold him for the first time. We were about to leave the OR. I did get skin to skin with him briefly, but he started sucking my neck and he still couldn’t breathe through his nose, so he turned purple and they took him away. The third photo is from our hospital room, he was very jaundice and sleepy. And last but not least, a photo of him from today. This was the best one I had, he blinks when the flash goes so he looks drunk in all of them, haha.
And with only 3 days left, here is clue #11: Head over to the website and find the information for defective products. Who is typically responsible for defective merchandise?
The contest is still on until Sunday. I will be at the Truro Welcome Wagon Baby Show that day, we sponsored the grand door prize (a Snuza Halo movement monitor and some extras). I will also be at a local trade show on Saturday in Milford at the Rec. Centre. Hope to see you there!
On the Facebook page, scroll down the wall and find a sudsy post 😉
Then, come back to the blog, and find the #1 choice for Rockin’ your cloth diaper laundry
The contest ends on Sunday at 9pm AST, after the Welcome Wagon Baby Show in Truro. Winners will be announced some time on Monday, after they have been contacted.
A nice little reminder of some of the reasons to shop local from one of our US friends. Big Box vs Local Business.
Here are some other reasons:
- You are more likely to see your money again. I came across this pie chart awhile back, and this reminded me to go look it up again.
- Not only are you supporting “local families”, but you most likely KNOW someone in that family personally. I would much rather give my money to a friend than a stranger.
- The service is likely to be much better, especially in smaller towns, because word travels fast. Since local businesses rely on their local customers, they are more likely to treat them well. (That also means that you should return the favour, and treat them well, too.)
- We care! After all, this is our community too! Local business owners don’t just do business here, they live here too. That can translate into any number of outlets they may put their time and money into.
Just some food for thought. I try my best to keep things local where I can, for my family, and for business. Sometimes it can be a challenge. Even if you aren’t shopping at a particular local business, you can still help them by spreading the word [ie-you don’t have babies in diapers, but you can let others know where to get cloth diapers locally 😉 ]
We’re celebrating D’s birthday today with friends and family, s0 here’s something for a little fun.
Swing over to our Facebook page and find a picture of my Baby, baby, baby…oh! The next clue will be in the description 🙂
Only 4 more clues to go! and one week left of the contest!
If you want to share learning about cloth with friends and family, and receive discounts in the process, you would host a….? hint: check the website